Ayuda’s work stems from a shared vision of a day when all dogs and cats in Guatemala are healthy and living in compassionate homes.
Our mission is to provide total care solutions for dogs and cats through our daily hands-on work, and to build strong and sustainable partnerships with community leaders and our patrons.
STRATEGIES & POLICIES
- Through formal agreements with village leaderships, provide regularly scheduled sterilization clinics and other support for their animal issues.
- Through our Internship Program, tend to the well being of homeless dogs and cats as well as those living with impoverished families.
- Through humane education, raise compassion and community awareness of public health issues for both animals and people.
- Through media and community contact, enable and encourage responsible adoptions and foster homes, especially with permanent residents of Guatemala.
- Through the constant practice of standardized methods and procedures, consistently disburse high quality services and role model influence.
- Regardless of amounts, seek local donations or services as acknowledgments of problem ownership by all members of the community.